Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Days 22 and 23

Tap class started up again last Friday. A perfect excuse to sketch my tap shoe. I chose to show off the actual taps and sketched the bottom of it.


sketch of bottom of tap shoe
graphite in Cotman Field sketch book
copyright 2010 Stacy L. Rowan

The next day I wanted to get my sketch done early. My sketching time had been sliding later with each passing day, which seemed like a dangerous trend to me. So as soon as I was done my morning shower I started looking for a subject. I settled on this basket in my bathroom. It holds hair brushes and various lotions and creams. I decided that the items int he basket were more interesting to sketch than the actual basket itself which explains the odd crop you see here.

sketch of brushes and bottles in basket
graphite in Cotman Field sketch book
copyright 2010 Stacy L. Rowan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rather interesting place you've got here. Thanks the author for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to this matter. BTW, try to add some photos :).

Stacy said...

Thanks Anonymous!