Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 9 - Basket of Christmas Greens

This weekend is the great de-Christmasing weekend in the Rowan house. It's not a chore I look forward to. My beautiful glass ornaments from the Christmas tree take forever to pack safely away. And the house seems less cheery once everything is back in boxes in the basement.


basket of greens sketch
sepia pen in Cotman Field sketch book
copyright 2010 Stacy L. Rowan

This sketch shows a basket of artificial Christmas greens that I put on top of the china hutch. In addition to the evergreens it has groups of red berries, icy branches, an icy garland and little white lights. I love at night when it's lit because it gives a soft, warm glow to that corner of the dining room. I'm contemplating leaving it up for a while. I can argue that it's a basket of winter greens with all that ice. What do you think?

3 comments:

JoAnn said...

I vote for you to leave this basket up as a "winter" decoration, not Christmas. I have a big basket of pine cones that has lights in it and it says up from Thanksgiving until March. Helps cheer up this otherwise dreary time of year.

M J Muir said...

I agree with JoAnn above. Beautiful things from nature are a comfort in long winter months. And Stacy, you are flying along with your commitment to a sketch a day. I am here cheering you on. Go Stacy!

Stacy said...

Thank you ladies for your input! I did leave the basket out. :)