Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 13 - View from my Window

How often do we really look at the world around us? As we rush through our day, do we stop and look at the things and people that are a part of our everyday life?

Yesterday morning while I was putting on some makeup, I glanced up and the reflection of the view out the window caught my eye. (I had opened the bathroom shades to take advantage of the sun that was streaming through the back windows of my house. We don't see a lot of sun here during the winter, so I try to take advantage of it when we have it.)

And the view surprised me. I had forgotten that from the second floor I could see the hills in the distance. And I had forgotten how much I like seeing them. I decided right then that my sketch would be of the view.


sketch of view from my window
pencil in Cotman Field sketch book
copyright 2010 Stacy L. Rowan

So today's sketch is a little different, but how boring would it be if I did 365 days of the same thing? As I was doing this sketch I was thinking it might actually be nice to try it in watercolor. I think it would be easier to get a sense of distance with a color sketch. Something to think about for another day.

No comments: