Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Days 113 and 114

It seems that when I don't have an obvious sketching subject which relates to our days activities I resort to sketching decorative items.

I actually tried an activity related sketch this day. My husband, kids and I went to see the show Tap Kids at our local theater. It is an old theater and very beautiful inside.

I tried sketching the balcony, but the show started before I could finish. It was a fabulous show and we were too busy at intermission talking about our favorite parts for me to finish the sketch. So when we got home I grabbed this bunny and made it my official sketch of the day.

sketch of stuffed rabbit
sepia ink in cahier sketch book
copyright 2010 Stacy L. Rowan

Okay, so I know the next sketch is a pretty pathetic, but it was actually a timely subject that I wanted to capture. The sketch is of Silly Bandz - rubber bands made in the form of different shapes.

Silly Bandz sketch
pencil in cahier pocket sketch book
 copyright 2010 Stacy L. Rowan

For a number of weeks (months?) these rubber bands were all the rage. Kids of all ages wore them on their wrists and traded them like crazy. How I wish this idea had been mine, because I bet someone made a lot of money from this craze - five bucks at a time.

No comments: