Saturday, June 5, 2010

Days 109 and 110

My thoughtful hubby brought home a gold brush pen that someone was getting rid of at work. I decided to give it a try for my daily sketch. This gold foil wrapped bunny seemed like the perfect sketch subject given the medium.
sketch of foil wrapped bunny
gold brush pen in cahier pocket sketch book
copyright 2010 Stacy Rowan

I wish I had stopped with the outline sketch because the pen wasn't good for hatching or filling in. I switched to colored pencil to finish the sketch off. That didn't go much better.

The next day went a little better. I went to my painting group and saw this sweet cherub in the yard. I did a quick sketch before I headed home at the end of the day.

sketch of stone cherub
sepia ink in cahier pocket sketch book
copyright 2010 Stacy Rowan

No comments: