Friday, March 26, 2010

Days 57 and 58

It might have only been February, but I was reminiscing about warm sunny days and dreaming of summer when I'd see more. That's why I chose to sketch this conch shell. Well that and because I hadn't sketched it yet. Fewer and fewer items in my house are falling into the "haven't sketched yet" category.

conch shell sketch
sepia pen in cahier pocket sketch book
copyright 2010 Stacy L. Rowan

Day 58 was the day of the earthquake in Chile. While I watched the news about the earthquake and the resulting tsunami threat for Hawaii, I sketched this model of an outrigger canoe that my husband and I had purchased on our first trip to the islands 14 years ago.

outrigger canoe sketch
pencil in cahier sketch book
copyright 2010 Stacy L. Rowan

2 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

you might just have to go to a thrift shop to find more thigns to sketch ;)

more great sketches :) very soft look to the outrigger sketch :)

Stacy said...

Jennifer, I've thought about taking a trip to the thrift shop but have resisted it. I'm hoping with the warmer weather that I actually take the time to go out and sketch. And the less I have to sketch at home the more likely I will be to actually follow through with that plan. :D