Monday, March 8, 2010

Days 41 and 42

Here are the first two of my vacation sketches.

Due to an impending snowstorm - one of those biggies where the meteorologists were forcasting a foot and a half of snow - we left home a day before we were scheduled to and flew our first leg. This sketch was done in the pool area of our hotel while the kids were unwinding from the first day of travel.

sketch of plants
sepia pen in pocket cahier sketch book
copyright 2010 Stacy L. Rowan

I was worried about completing my sketch on Day 42 since I knew we'd be flying for much of the day. I've seen other artists' sketches from the interior of airplanes, but the thought of that as a subject didn't thrill me. So instead I tackled the outside of the plane while we waited to board. I didn't quite finish this sketch because my party wanted to grab lunch before boarding. Faced with the prospect of being hungry for the next 9 hours, I decided I had better stop sketching and join them.

airplane sketch
pencil in cahier sketch book
copyright 2010 Stacy L. Rowan

No comments: