First the close-ups and color combinations...I am providing two detail shots, one of the statue's face and one of the lower part of the painting that shows the flowers. The color still looks awful to me because I am still working on my laptop, but I hope it gives some more information than the original picture did. To get the statue color I used various mixes of Terre Verte, Sepia, Raw Sienna and Raw Umber. Some spots were underpainted with cerulean blue (for instance, the bottom right hand side of the skirt) and some of the darkest shadow areas have a top layer of ultramarine blue.
Now to fulfill my other request. Robyn, who lives in and creates her art in Tuscany (she has been posting some beautiful botanical paintings and drawings from her garden lately) tagged me to spill 7 things about myself that people don't know. I did a version of this a few months ago when my sister tagged me. That time I only had to share six things. Also, according to my sister, I cheated because one of the things was actually about my husband. So, since I don't want Robyn to rescind her offer to let me come visit her someday, I am going to play again. I've added two new items at the top of the list and recapped the five from before.
- I may be an artist now, but I got my degree in a completely different field - chemical engineering. I worked as an engineer for 8 years before my kids were born.
- From the time I entered college I said I would never marry another engineer. (After all, engineers are a bit nerdy!) I also said I wouldn't marry someone who didn't like to dance because I love to dance. Guess what kind of guy I married...you got it, a chemical engineer who didn't like to dance!! Luckily he learned to like dancing, or at least like it enough that he will dance with me. We are still working on the engineer bit, but I don't think I'll ever break him of being a little bit nerdy. For the record, I also said I would never have an amniocentesis during pregnancy and I ended up needing to have one. So now I try never to say never.
- I am a chocolate purist.
- I hate being told that I am unable to do something.
- I don't like the number 4.
- I want to save an old stone house.
- I have weird toes.
Now I am supposed to tag more people, but all of the people I was thinking of tagging are already taken. I was going to choose Robin N, Mary, Billie, Judy, Dave and Jeanette, so feel free to go read their blogs.