Sunday, February 4, 2007

I was Tagged

So I must apologize since this isn't an art related post. My sweet older sister tagged me to blog on the topic of six idiosyncrasies I possess. As if I have anything strange to talk about? (I can hear you laughing, you know.)

After much thought and contribution from my loving husband (why was he so willing to help I wonder?), this is what I came up with.

  1. I am a chocolate purist. Now it's not my love of chocolate that is strange Most women I know love chocolate. It's the fact that I don't like my chocolate contaminated with any other flavors. Don't even think of putting caramel on my chocolate brownie or pretty raspberry swirls around my chocolate cake. Just give me chocolate - straight up!

  2. In our house foods have strange names. Mostly this is my husband's fault, but I went along with it so I guess I am partly to blame. You see he decided early on that our kids would be more likely to eat something if he marketed it well. So tortillas are called fun bread, cavatelli and broccoli - Roley Poly pasta, fresh spinach - leaves from the yard. I guess it worked because our kids eat really well. However, now that they are older, when we introduce a new food they almost always ask, "Is that what it is really called?"

  3. I hate to be told I am unable to do something, especially if the reason you think I am unable to do it is because I'm a girl! And once someone tells me I am unable to do something, I am going to try really hard to prove them wrong (unless it's something I don't care to try to do). I think this comes in part from having no brothers. My sister and I were raised to do the girls' chores and the boys' chores. Lucky us, huh? It also comes from majoring in a predominately male field in college, a field where women weren't especially welcome.

  4. I don't like the number 4. When I was growing up, my neighbor, who was one of my best friends, told me that the word for 4 in Chinese is the same as the word for death in Japanese (or vice versa, I can't really remember). Ever since then I haven't liked the number four and I take steps to avoid fours. For instance I never give my husband four kisses. I either stop at three or give him an extra to make it five. Strange I know, but this isn't supposed to be a post about how normal I am.

  5. At some point in my life I want to save an old stone house. There are many of these houses in our area. They were built mostly in the 1800s and they are beautiful. Well most of them are beautiful, some have seen better days. Unfortunately, sometimes these beauties are torn down to build new houses or shopping centers. I saw them tear one down and then crush the stones into gravel!! It broke my heart. Some call tearing down these old places progress. I call it insanity! So someday I want to save at least one and bring it back to it's former glory. I'm not sure yet how I am going to do this since it would probably cost a fortune, especially since neither my husband nor I are what I'd consider handy, but I'll find a way.

  6. And my last weird thing is...wait for it...my toes! Yes, I said my toes. As my husband kindly put it, it is more like I have four hands. I can pick things up with my toes. You'd be surprised how much that comes in handy. I can also spread my toes abnormally wide. This freaks certain people out. (Yes Mark and Liz I am referring to YOU!) And when my feet are relaxed there is space between each of my toes, they don't touch at all. Just to prove my talent to you, below is a drawing I did of my foot. It shows me holding a pencil with my toes. Before you think I am really strange I will let you know I drew it for a class assignment.



Anyway, there are my six strange things. I hope my weirdness doesn't chase anyone away and stop you from reading my blog. After all, it's normal to be weird, isn't it?

Now for the fun part, I tag bluelilac and silvergirl. Have fun ladies!!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you cheated by using the food name thing (you forgot spicy meat, by the way.) But I'm surprised you played at all!
Denise

Mary said...

Oh Stacy, I can tell I'm going to have to read your blog daily to check on all of the fun in this blog. I love the drawing!:)

Stacy said...

Denise, it's not cheating because I married the guy that came up with this strange marketing technique.

Hi Mary! I'm glad you are having fun. Just don't tell my sister. She might take credit. ;)

Regula Scheifele said...

Great post - it's so much fun learning this little things about someone you only know online!
Though I agree about the preference for pure chocolate I love some of the fancy stuff as well. Like dark (really dark) chocolate with chili pepper. Hmmm.... definitely worth a try!

Amira

Robyn Sinclair said...

Hi Stacy - Thanks for visiting my Blog, I had to come over and see if you are Stacy I know from WetCanvas. Seems you are. I love your foot drawing and must amused by your husbands marketing of food to your children.

Stacy said...

Amira, I think it's fun learning more about on-line friends too. And thanks for the tip about dark chocolate with chili pepper. If I ever see it I'll give it a try!

Robyn, yup, I am the Stacy you know from the Drawing & Sketching forum of Wet Canvas. In fact that foot drawing was from one of the 101 classes.