Friday, February 24, 2012

A Flexible Schedule

Sometimes, much as we might like to be, we are not in control of our own schedules. Take my schedule for instance. Yesterday I found myself here...

sketch of airplane interior

That wasn't really a bad thing, but according to my schedule I was supposed to be on that plane on Wednesday, not Thursday. Which would have meant I was home on Thursday. If I was home on Thursday I would have posted this then.

shark & barracuda sketch

However, since I was not in control of my schedule, it fell victim to mechanical issues which required the cancellation of said Wednesday flight. With no other flights available, my family and I were forced to stay an extra day in a sunny, warm vacation place. Truth be told, I wasn't complaining. And the kids not only weren't complaining, but took it a step further, and were doing a very energetic happy dance.
palm tree sketch

So the Wednesday flight became a Thursday flight and the Thursday blog post became a Friday one. A worthy trade for a few additional hours of sun and a safe flight.

ottoman sketch - random I know but found in our vacation accommodations

I hope you enjoy my vacation sketches as much as I enjoyed the vacation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All sketches were created with graphite in a Moleskine cahier sketchbook.

2 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

i think i would be doing a happy dance to if it meant another day in the sun :p

very nice sketches :D

Stacy said...

Jennifer, it was like a dream come true for them. An extra day out of school with more time to swim and be spoiled by the grandparents. I think most of us would dance in that circumstance!