Thursday, May 26, 2011

In the Studio - May 25, 2011

Since yesterday was National Tap Dance Day, I thought I would post another update of the tap drawing I am working on.

drawing #8 WIP2 - Tap Dance Series
approx 8.25" x 11.5" graphite on paper
©2011 Stacy L. Rowan

National Tap Dance Day is a celebration of  tap dancing as an American art form. May 25th was chosen for this day of celebration because it is the anniversary of tap dancer Bill "Bojangles" Robinson's birthday.

The image above shows approximately 4 to 4 1/2 hours of additional work since the image posted on May 19th. People often ask me how long a drawing takes, so I thought these two shots would give an indictation of my pace for graphite work.

I worked on this drawing some more today and spent about 3 hours darkening the pant leg on the right hand side of the drawing. (I'm not sure the values above are exactly right. I didn't adjust my scan until after I had already put in the additional work so I was relying on memory!) I'm hoping that the right hand pant leg is now finally dark enough.

No comments: