Thursday, June 2, 2011

When Someone Else's Words Speak to Your Heart

"Sunny Susans"
© Stacy L. Rowan

When someone else's words speak to your heart it tends to make you sit up and notice. Or at least it did for me.

These words...
"where do they all go? all the seemingly forgettable everyday moments? the thought of losing them all terrified... me. ... I wanted them. I wanted them all. I still want them all."
...are an excerpt of a post written by Andrea over on her blog Hula Seventy.

To me her words speak to why I paint and draw and sketch. What compels me to capture subjects which you might see on any given day of your life.

When I see my subjects shining in a moment of beauty, I want to capture that moment so it's not forgotten. I want to remind people that beauty is found in the details of the "seemingly forgettable everyday moments" because when I am presented with that unexpected beauty it makes me catch my breath, it lets me know there is still so much good in the world and it makes me happy.

1 comment:

M J Muir said...

A thoughtful post Stacy. I think a lot of us can relate to this.