Thursday, February 17, 2011

Tap Drawings at the Daylesford Abbey Show

I thought I would post some of the art I have on display at the Daylesford Abbey Art Show for those of you who either can't make the show, or who want to see what I am displaying before you make up your mind.

I decided to start by sharing the three drawings from my tap dance series which are in the show.

"Dancing Feet"
8" x 10" graphite on paper
©2010 Stacy L. Rowan

This is the first time I am showing "Dancing Feet" on the blog. The drawing was created from one of my reference photos of the lovely and very talented Germaine Salsberg. I did this drawing as a preliminary piece to a much larger watercolor (which I promise to share here soon).

"Icebreaker"
14" x 18" graphite on paper
©2009 Stacy L. Rowan

My "models" for the other two drawings are both Tap Ties company members - Melody Kline (above) and Amy Smith (below). The Tap Ties ladies have been wonderfully supportive of this series of drawings and paintings and have allowed me to photograph a number of their rehearsals, for which I am forever grateful.

"Keep on Your Toes"
18" x 14" charcoal on paper
©2009 Stacy L. Rowan

4 comments:

Mindful Drawing said...

How interesting to focus on (dancing) feet...your drawings contain movement and by looking at them I can almost hear the music that make the feet dance.

Stacy said...

Paula, thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love the thought that I am conveying the movement well enough that you can almost hear the sounds! Your wonderful compliment has left a big smile on my face. Thank you!

Daniel Embree said...

These are beautiful drawings. I love your limited palette and your quivering edges--there is so much movement in the pieces! "Keep on Your Toes" is a particularly beautiful drawing.

Stacy said...

Thank you so much Daniel! I am glad you enjoyed them!