Sunday, February 13, 2011

Daylesford Abbey Art Show Opening

Persephone's Downfall
8" x 10" watercolor on paper
©2011 Stacy L. Rowan
Available through Feb. 27th at Daylesford Abbey Art Show, Paoli, PA

Yesterday my husband and I went to the opening reception for the Daylesford Abbey Art show.

This is my first time doing this show so I was excited to attend the opening. And I have to say my husband and I were both impressed.

The Ladies Chapter has done a wonderful job. The opening was lovely, complete with live music and an impressive assortment of appetizers and wines.

But of course the most important part any opening is the artwork. This is a large show and features a beautiful collection of artwork in a variety of mediums including sculptures, etchings, pottery, stained glass and jewelry as well as pastels, watercolors, acrylics, oils and mixed media works.

The available works come in a wide range of sizes from miniatures smaller than 8" x 10" to master works upwards of 28" x 22". 

Over 85 artists are taking part in the show and many of them have impressive bios detailing membership in major art societies, publication in respected magazines, receipt of prestigious awards and more. I am honored to be showing work with this talented group.

As icing on a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon I was happy to spot that one of my paintings in the miniature category, "Queen of the Winter Garden", was sporting a jaunty red dot indicating that it is going to a new home.

Queen of the Winter Garden
8" x 10" watercolor on paper
©2008 Stacy L. Rowan
sold

Overall I am more than pleased to be part of this event and will gladly participate again if I am invited back.

If you are interested in more specifics such as the show hours or address, please either check out my "Now Showing" page or follow the link for the Daylesford Abbey given below.

----------------------------------------------
Related Links
Now Showing
Daylesford Abbey, Paoli, PA

1 comment:

Robyn Sinclair said...

I'm not in the least bit surprised that Queen of the Winter Garden has been sold, Stacy. It's wonderful. Congratulations.