Thursday, April 15, 2010

Days 74 and 75

This radio sits on the top of my shelving unit in my studio. When I look at it I often think it looks like it is smiling. And really, is there a better sketching subject than a smiling radio?

radio sketch
graphite in cahier sketch book
copyright 2010 Stacy L. Rowan

I'd like you to meet Parsley Pig. He is a terra cotta pig that I bought from a wonderful nursery that we often visit while on vacation at the shore. He was planted with some parsley, which explains how he got his name.

sketch of pig-shaped planter
graphite in cahier pocket sketch book
copyright 2010 Stacy L. Rowan

When I found him he had been moved to the sale table because the parsley was getting to that "leggy" stage. Now the parsley is long gone, but he still sits on my kitchen window sill and keeps me company. Maybe it's time to plant him with some new parsley.

No comments: