Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Days 72 and 73

On Day 72 we traveled to my parents' house to celebrate my dad's birthday. I quickly sketched my piece of cake and ice cream before the ice cream melted.

ice cream and cake sketch
sepia ink in cahier pocket sketch book
copyright 2010 Stacy L. Rowan

The next day I didn't get to my sketch until after we got home in the evening. Between unpacking and preparing for the week ahead, I was looking for something which I could quickly sketch. This memory stick fit the bill.

memory stick sketch
sepia ink in cahier pocket sketch book
copyright 2010 Stacy L. Rowan

3 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

happy birthday to your dad :)
ooh ice cream :D

M J Muir said...

Stacy - Your dedication to this project is inspiring. And I love the stories that go along with your sketches like the birthday cake.
And after the other birthday party you have had lots of yummy cake over the past week and I am imagining how good it all tasted.

Stacy said...

Jennifer, ice cream AND chocolate cake! Needless to say I sketched quickly. :)

Thanks Mary Jane! I'm actually a few weeks behind on posting my sketches so the feasting on cake has been a bit spread out. Thank goodness or parts of me might begin spreading out!!