Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Artwork Headed to the Daylesford Abbey Art Show

I am pleased to announce that this year I will again be participating in the Daylesford Abbey Art Show.

Last year was my first try at being juried into this exhibit and it turned out to be my favorite show of the year.

Below is a sneak peek of some of the work I will be exhibiting this year.


Put Your Best Face Forward
18" x 22" watercolor on paper

A few years ago I took many reference photos of this yellow Gerber daisy. As I was looking for a reference for a new watercolor painting I saw this photo. The image made me think of how we all have a public face that we present to the world - showing what we think is acceptable - and a private one that we keep hidden - keeping to ourselves the parts that we think will make it harder for us to fit in.


Still in Yesterday's Clothes
8" x 10" watercolor on paper

My family shops at local farmers' markets weekly during the growing season, and I have a habit of painting the produce we bring home. I especially love when I find produce that still has it's leaves and stems attached. This pair of peaches reminded me of a couple getting home very early in the morning after a fabulous party. They may not be as beautiful as they were before the event, their clothes are a little wrinkled and they look a little tired, but you just know they had rockin' good time.



Leaves with Helicopters
8" x 10" watercolor on paper

I love autumn! It may be my favorite season. I love the smells of burning leaves and sweet apple cider. I love the warm, sunny days followed by cool, crisp nights. And I love the riot of color that explodes across the landscape. Yes, especially the colors, because I know they will be replaced by months of winter grey. So when I am out taking my morning walks in the fall, I can't resist collecting a colorful leaf or two... or possibly ten. And when the grey descends I paint the pretty leaves and return to the joy that autumn brings me.


Are You Getting my Good Side?
10" x 8" watercolor on paper

Cardinals are normally skittish birds, flying off at the slightest noise. This guy was hanging out in my pine tree feasting on some bird seed. Instead of flying away, I swear he started posing as soon as I trained the camera lens on him. He seemed a little full of himself, wanting to make sure I was capturing his best side.


Seasons' Reflections
10" x 12" watercolor on paper

I collect glass Christmas ornaments. I love how they catch the tree lights and magnify the shine. Many of the ornaments in my collection were gifts. Others I purchased while on vacation. As I unpack each ornament and hang it on the tree, I dip into those warm memories and linger in their comfort. The good feelings wrapped in those memories are reflected onto me each holiday season much the same way the glass reflects the lights on the tree.



Waiting
8" x 10" reproduction of graphite drawing

This little house finch comes to my backyard bird feeder. I tried to take his picture a few times but he always seemed to fly off when I went to grab my camera. I think he is shy. Then one day he showed up with his lady friend and I was able to snap a few shots while he was distracted by her attention.


Produce Note Cards

An assortment of 8 blank cards and envelopes featuring a collection of my produce images. Two cards each of the beets, peach, apple and pears.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Related Links:
Daylesford Abbey Art Show

Show Details:
Opening Reception - October 13, 2012
3:00 - 6:00 pm
$30 per person

Free Admission to the show begins on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Show Dates: Sunday, October 14th - Sunday, October 28th
Show Hours: Daily 12 noon - 4:00 pm
             Wednesdays open until 8:00 pm

Address: 220 South Valley Road, Paoli, PA 19301

Call (610) 647-2530 ext. 100 for more information

3 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

a lot of gorgeous art :) that glass ornament shines!

M J Muir said...

Your work is so beautiful Stacy. I wish you great success with your exhibition. Thanks for posting this new work. Good to see since I can't fly over. LOL.

Stacy said...

Hi Jennifer & MJ!

Sorry it took me so long to post these comments. They got lost in the hundreds of spam comments that come in. But I am glad I finally saw them.

As always, thank you for your support! The show was good again this year - filled with really lovely artwork from a talented collection of artists.

Now I just need to find make time to get in the studio and create some paintings for next year's show. I have been sketching lately, but not too much studio work.

Happy creating friends! I hope you both have a nice holiday season!