Thursday, June 16, 2011

Winning Title From "Name That Painting" Contest

First a big thank you to all the peope who sent me their title suggestions for the contest! I loved reading them all and they have started a percolation of ideas through my mind that I will be able to play with and use as I create new paintings.

The title I chose as the winner is "Worth the Wait" sent in by Marie C. As Marie explained the title has a two fold meaning since "we wait patiently for the peonies to bloom and you finally finished the painting!" And I do hope those of you who enjoy my art feel like this painting was worth the wait while I finished it!

I will be sending Marie a pack of note cards created from this image. Thanks Marie!!

"Worth the Wait"
20" x 16" watercolor on Aquabord
©2011 Stacy L. Rowan
Available

I also have to give a shout out to my friend Jackie for coming up with the most humorous titles! Jackie and I paint together on Tuesdays with about half a dozen other women.

This group of women made sure I kept coming back to this painting by asking me every week if I had completed it yet or not. Their gentle nudging reminder made sure I didn't pack it in on the days that it felt like the number of petals still needing to be painted were multiplying before my eyes! I firmly believe that every artist should have a painting group that gives them both a social outlet and measure of accountability.

Thanks again to all who participated in the naming fun! I am sure I will be holding more naming contests in the future when I am stumped for a good title. You are a creative and generous bunch!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
An administratvie note: Over the next month or so I am planning on focusing on having some summer fun with the family. While I am busy enjoying activities like eating ice cream and swimming, lounging with a good book and hiking, I may neglect some (or all) of my regular Thursday posts. But rest assured I will return to my normal blogging schedule relaxed and re-charged the first week of August. If you miss me while I am gone, feel free to browse the archives (organized by post date) in the right hand column of this blog.

Thank you for your loyal readership! I'll catch up with you again soon!

1 comment:

Billie Crain said...

Stacy, your peonies are dropdead gorgeous!