Sunday, May 30, 2010

Days 99 and 100

The irony of this sketch is that I was watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution while I was sketching.

cupcake sketch
sepia pen in cahier pocket sketch book
copyright 2010 Stacy L. Rowan

For those of you not familiar with Jamie Oliver, he is celebrity chef who is urging people to eat healthy and to make the change from eating processed foods to fresh foods. I whole heartedly agree and have been cutting back on the processed food that passes through my kitchen. We shop at the local farmers' market from May through November and I have even started a series of paintings showcasing my locally grown purchases.

Of course no one is perfect, so I'll admit that this cupcake did come from a package. And yes I did eat it when I was done. I would have preferred a homemade one, but unfortunately no one in this house bakes. Namely because if I bake them I eat them!


My Day 100 sketch was inspired by Laura Frankstone. One of her goals this year is to sketch faster. One of the things she is doing to work toward that goal is sketching traffic around her. Thankfully she only sketches when she is a passenger!

Her sketches are so energetic and fun I decided to give it a try too. (And yes, thankfully I was a passenger at the time!)

sketch of cars and truck
sepia pen in cahier pocket sketch book
copyright 2010 Stacy Rowan

2 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

ooh cupcake :D Jamie Oliver had a show on here to try to make school lunches healthier but still have the kids eat them. a lot of things have been banned in schools here, but that just means the kids walk down the block to the chippy

Stacy said...

He is doing the same here. I'd like to see him succeed. The school lunches they serve here are so unhealthy. The few lunches they serve that could be considered healthy are of such poor quality my kids won't eat them. They pretty much pack lunch every day.