Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Art in the Garden Cafe in Nazareth

The Garden Cafe on Main Street in Nazareth, PA is a sweet and cozy cafe. Kate has owned and operated the cafe for 12 years. In addition to providing a great place to eat, Kate also offers her support to local artists by providing them with a place to display and sell their work. This month I a honored to have my artwork hanging on the cafe walls.

I hung nine original watercolors including the cabbage and the Detwiller House. I also hung 2 charcoal pieces (Ten Minutes Peace and Sunquats) and two graphite pieces.

Below you will find my first attempt at a video clip. It is a short video tour of the cafe with some shots of my artwork on the walls. The two charcoals and one graphite piece are hung behind the tree. They make a great little grouping there, but I didn't get a good shot of them in the video.




Hopefully my future attempts at video will be better. For some reason I couldn't edit the video to shorten it. At the point where my computer froze and I thought I had lost the whole thing, I gave up and saved it as is. It was either that or toss the computer out the window. And it was much too cold to have a window open.

If you are in the area and want to stop by the cafe, the address is...
52 S. Main Street
Nazareth, PA 18064

Both breakfast and lunch are served at the cafe. Hours are 8am to 3pm, Monday through Saturday. I recommend going for lunch and ordering the chicken salad. It's delicious! Tell Kate I sent you.

6 comments:

M J Muir said...

Stacy!
Way to go! What a great way to show the venue for your display.
I love it!

Love
Blue

Anonymous said...

Stacy, good job, should have showed more of you art work.
Love Dad

Rose Welty said...

Good job Stacy! I'm so proud of you for pursuing this opportunity. It looks like a lovely place...may it bring you great success!

Stacy said...

Thanks Blue! I have a lot to learn with video, but I was happy I got this far for a first try.

Thanks Dad! I was trying to show the art and the place without making anyone sick. I'll have to ask Mom if I succeeded on that last point. ;)

Thanks Rose! Kate actually called me before my second contact so I was thrilled!

Jo Castillo said...

Congratulations, Stacy. Your artwork looks great on the walls. Good luck there!

Stacy said...

Thanks Jo! It's a nice way to start off the year.