Thursday, January 29, 2009

Branching Out

Like so many others, I have decided to branch out and add Facebook to my marketing avenues. This is a new adventure and I am still learning my way around. You can view the beginnings of my business page here. I will be adding to it as time goes on and I become more familiar with available features. The business page is viewable whether you have a Facebook account or not. Please stop by, I am looking forward to seeing a lot of friendly faces as I travel through the jungles of social networking.

4 comments:

Anita said...

I added myself to you fan base! I've only got so far as adding my blog. I wonder what the difference is between doing that and having a group page.

M J Muir said...

Hi Stacy
I took a look at your beginning Facebook page. I know nothing about Facebook. It look pretty interesting.
And I also wonder what the difference is between a Blog and Facebook. And what is a group page?

Billie Crain said...

i added myself as well, Stacy. i've got a Facebook acct. but haven't spent much time on there and really didn't see it as a marketing tool. you've now got me thinking..........

Stacy said...

Thanks Anita! I think part of the difference is that anyone can view the business page, but the blog network might require a Facebook account. Not sure about that though.

Blue, to me Facebook seems more about quick one sentence updates versus the more chatty nature of blogs. I think the marketing benefit is in reestablishing contact with old friends who might not know about my art.

Billie, I wasn't sure about the marketing aspect either, but I know someone who just sold a painting through Facebook.