Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Proof

I really hate when I come to check the dates of my blog posts and realize it has been a whole week since I last posted. The guilt...the shame...it's almost unbearable.

So to relieve my guilt and prove I have been working, I am sharing the ugly stage of my pen and ink WIP. You can see I was jumping around a bit. The right hand side of the building has one full layer of shading and two partial layers. I did this because I was anxious to see if my sloppy lines would be noticeable in the end. Thankfully, it seems the top layers will cover my flaws. Now I know not to work on pen and ink too late at night when I am already bleary eyed.

copyright 2007 Stacy L. Rowan


I am also sharing this value sketch for a new colored pencil drawing I have started. I get double points for this because not only does it show that I am working, but also that I occasionally do some preparatory work like a good girl before jumping into the meat of a project. Excuse me for a minute while I polish my halo.

copyright 2007 Stacy L. Rowan


In addition to these two projects, I've also started the drawing for my next watercolor painting. I won't show that now, but will save it for next week when I am again feeling guilty about letting a whole week pass with no new blog posts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is coming along really well; I sure wouldn't describe it as ugly! And it looks as though you are doing the daffodil painting you promised us after all, so another reason to polish your halo!

Stacy said...

Thanks for your vote of confidence Dave! But if you could see it closely you might feel differently. And I forgot about my daffodil promise so now I get to feel extra smug. ;)