Sunday, March 27, 2011

This is Spring

Voting ends tonight at 11:59pm EST for the Morning Call Best of Blogs contest. Thanks to everyone who has voted! I have moved up from 7th to 3rd!
-------------------------------------------------------

I thought today I would share some pictures of Spring in my neighborhood just so you could see why I am still looking for pictures of Spring in other places.
Ten days ago Spring looked like this...

©2011 Stacy L. Rowan

Buds were getting ready to burst open.

©2011 Stacy L. Rowan

The early blooming flowers were spreading.The day was warm and sunny and the temperature hit a high of 70F. It was warm enough that I was able to ride around in the convertible with the top down and the heated seats off! I was loving it!

Three days later I woke up to this. It took me totally by surprise.

©2011 Stacy L. Rowan

Two mornings after that I looked outside to find even more! Yikes!

©2011 Stacy L. Rowan

At least snow in March is a temporary thing. And it is mostly all gone (again). Our temperatures are still hanging out about five to ten degrees below normal and are predicted to stay there for the next few days. Hopefully once we get through that Spring will be here to stay.

By the way, my mom says we should have expected this since March came in like a lamb, which means it will go out like a lion. That has me thinking - Bring on April! ......On the other hand, I'm a sunshine girl so I'm not real fond of April showers...

3 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

0.o snow!?! o.0 glad its mostly gone now! mom has snow in alberta, so I'm def. glad I'm not there right now

M J Muir said...

I love seeing these photos of your neighbourhood Stacy.
What fun to see how things are in far away places.
At this moment I hear rain pouring down on the roof here in Vancouver. The blooming neighbourhood daffodils will be soggy in the morning. Sigh. But I am not complaining.

Stacy said...

Jennifer, there is a chance we will get more snow tonight. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we do not.

Mary Jane, I feel for you with the rain. It is not my favorite type of weather even though I know without it the flowers and produce I use as my models for new paintings wouldn't grow.