Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Time to Change

I have so many things that I want to share with you - a summary of my Open Studio, some tap drawings, a review of the workshop I attended last week - but most of them require that I spend some quality time with my scanner, and I'm really feeling the need to push the jack-o-lantern down the page. It's not that I don't love it, it's just that November is already one third gone. Time to change that pumpkin into pumpkin pie.

Unfortunately I don't know how to make pumpkin pie and I haven't sketched any pies either, so instead I'll share an assortment of miscellaneous sketches. First a sketch of my keys that I did while waiting for my new-to-me car to be ready to drive home. Why does that part of the car-buying process take so long?


Next a couple of sketches from a night at an Iron Pigs game. These were unsuspecting spectators who were sitting in front of us.


 

Last a quick sketch of a tree that I did while riding on a train. I think I drew it while waiting at a stop.

 

all sketches copyright 2009 Stacy L Rowan

2 comments:

Billie Crain said...

Stacy, that ring of keys is awesome! If I were you I'd be tempted to develope this further.

M J Muir said...

There is something very special about your loose lovely style with those keys Stacy. The line is lively and strong with that sense of movement you have with the tap dancer series.