These carnations like me have stuck around for a while
graphite in Moleskine
©2012 Stacy L. Rowan
The other day I was looking through the archives for this blog and I realized, much to my surprise, that I have just completed my fifth year of blogging. My first post was created on January 9, 2007.
Looking back over the past five years, I came up with 5 things that blogging has taught me.
- I am more comfortable in the studio painting or drawing than sitting at the computer writing a blog post.
- Despite my good intentions to write my blog posts in advance and have several of them queued up to post, it is more typical that my post is written between 8pm on Wednesday and 11pm on Thursday.
- The closer it gets to 11pm on Thursday without the blog post being completed, the more stressed out I become.
- The quality of my blog post ideas are indirectly proportional to my stress level. That is, the more stressed I am, the more my initial ideas stink and the more ideas I need to come up with until I find one that flies. With each rejected idea the time until my self imposed deadline seems to speed up exponentially.
- Given numbers 1 through 4, it is flippin' amazing that I managed to post anything at all these last five years!!!
Here's to five more years of fun!!