Thursday, July 28, 2011

13 Things I Love Best About Summer

Quick ink sketches of day lilies
©2011 Stacy L. Rowan

Here are some of the things I love best about summer...
- the slower pace
- vacations at the beach
- riding in the convertible at night with the top down
- starting my morning on the screen porch with a bowl of cereal or a cup of coffee
- ice cream
- seeing my kids enjoy their free time
- locally grown, fresh and delicious produce (especially tomatoes, blueberries and peaches!)
- blue skies and bright sunshine
- hydrangeas, day lilies, marigolds and all the other flowers
- not having to do the dishes (because we passed that chore on to the above mentioned kids after noticing how much free time they had - insert evil laugh here)
- not having to wear shoes, socks or a coat
- small summer purses (how come I carry so much more in my purse the rest of the year?)
- frequent trips to the library

I am doing my best to savor every minute of summer. I'd love to hear what you love about it too. Let's turn the comments section into a big list of summer love!

2 comments:

Cmichaudart said...

thumbs up! I love the ways we come up with to avoid the heat (ice tea, ceiling fans and lazy afternoons) and the ways we benefit from it (fab produce, ocean visits, languishing in the pool and playing in the sprinklers),

Stacy said...

All great things about summer Cindy! I've been thinking about some frozen lemonade to beat the heat. I'm not normally a big lemonade fan, but I can't escape this thought. Might be time to find a good recipe. :)