Monday, October 5, 2009

Another Summer Sketch


Micron sketch in Cahier sketchbook
Stacy L. Rowan

The last sketch I posted was from my parents' house. This one is from my husband's parents' property. It is one of my favorite sketches from the summer and shows a small landscaping bed in my in-laws front yard. I sat in the car and sketched this while my kids napped in the back seat. They had been to a sleep-over party the night before. I wonder why the parties are called that? It's such a misnomer since they don't ever actually sleep much.

3 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

no you never sleep. too busy watching movies, talking non stop,playing with toys and eating junk food which just makes you stay up even later :p

nice clean lines to your sketch :)

Jeanette Jobson said...

Sleep overs. Whoever invented those? Kids up all night, parents with no sleep either, house strewn with food and belongings. I'm glad I don't have to do that any more! :)

The sketch is lovely. I love simple contour lines, they say a lot.

Stacy said...

Thanks for your kind words about the sketch ladies!

Jennifer, my mom hated when I went to sleep overs as a kid. Now I understand why!

Jeanette, I think the inventor either had no kids of their own or they were crazy. No other explanation I can see.