Saturday, June 7, 2008

Drawing Day 2008 (continued)

Apparently I can only upload 4 images in a single post. Never knew about that limitation before. But without further ado...here is Child #1's drawing.

Child #1 drew a basket containing pots of (artificial) herbs. She used Crayola markers in her Strathmore Field sketchbook.

My drawing of the herbs was completed in my watercolor Moleskine using a .05 black Micron pen, Cotman watercolor pans and my waterbrush.

I was surprised by the challenging subjects the kids chose to draw and impressed by how confidently they approached their drawings. I think they did very well! And they are excited by the notion that "people they don't even know" are going to be looking at their art on the computer. What an interesting world they are growing up in.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Child #1 you are really good!! Loved that you tried something so hard. Your talent from Mommy and Pop Pop is showing. Pop Pop is impressed with both drawings as well.

Love,
Someone who does know you (Grammy

Anonymous said...

Oops! Forgot to comment on the Mom's work. Great job Stacy! Dad said you are putting him to shame.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Wonderful work from all the family. I read about drawing day too late. Glad you are keeping up with the World of Art, Stacy. I am almost back in the saddle.

I did a commission that is paying for my Mexico trip. Just dropped it off today.

Missing my passion

Hope you have a super summer

Stacy said...

Grammy, Child #1 loved your comment! They have new drawings to show you the next time you and Pop Pop are in town. Thanks for remembering me too. ;)

Hi Robin!! I've been wondering how you are. Glad to hear you are getting back to the art and about your commission. And of course I'll want to hear all about Mexico! Enjoy the workshop!

"JeanneG" said...

Child #1 you did a very good job and so did mommy. I hope that you both do some more sketches during your summer fun. I'm glad you have your field sketchbook. Keep up the good work.

Stacy said...

Jeanne, thank you! I already did more sketches and I am going to art class with Mommy over the summer.
Child #1